MAIN GALLERY

1937 John Deere Model D

Donated by: Albert Miller

John Deere decided to build a Model D prototype in 1923, designed by Muir L. Frey.   The Deere Model D was produced from March 1, 1923 to July 3, 1953, the longest production span of all the two-cylinder John Deere tractors. Over 160,000 were made.

It had improved oil bath air cleaner, 3 speed transmission.

1936 McCormick Deering Model WK40

On Loan by: Ray Kine

In 1934 the company used the frame of the 22-36 and installed a diamond 6 cylinder truck engine that gave this tractor 35 draw bar hp to compete with the John Deere D. These were produced from 1934 – 1936.

1927 McCormick Deering Model 15-30

Donated by: Glen Kine

The 15-30 was produced from 1921-1934. More than 156,000 were made. When these tractors were no longer used for field work they were used for breaking up new land.

1919 International Harvester Model 10-20

On Loan by: Roy McCollum

These tractors when plowing stayed on the unplowed ground to keep the right distance  from the furow edge a devise was added to the right wheel to guide the tractor. There were 2 forward gears 3.2 and 4.4 KMPH.

1937 Massey-Harris Pacemaker

Donated by: Albert Miller

The Massey Harris Co. purched the Wallis Tractor Co.and produced these tractors from 1936-1939. 26,557 were sold. In 1938 the colors was changed to red and yellow.

1955 John Deere model R Spreader

Donated by: Garry Wood

This is a 95- bushel, ground driven spreader that was used to spread manure on the fields to use as fertilizer. the model R spreader was introduced in 1955 as a mid-sized spreader between the popular ground-driven Model L and the PTO driven Model N.  The release of this spreader coincided with the end of the manufacturing of the horse-drawn 4-wheel spreaders. The Baker family of Hazel Bluff, purchased this spreader new. It was eventually restored by Garry Wood.

1944 Case Baler Model NCM

Donated by: Brent Sterling

Powered by a Wisconsin V4 cylinder engine, this 2-person baler was capable of working stationary or with a pickup attachment, it was able to bale hay from a swath.  One person sat on one side of the baler and poked wire through to the other person on the other side to tie it off.  with each stroke of the plunger to compress the hay, a cloud of hay dust would hit the workers.  This baler was purchased by William Sterling and used by his sons and him. the restoration was done by the Sterling family and painted by Edwin Sterling.

Grain Crusher

Donated by: Ernest Wood

This grain crusher was manufactured by Standard Gas Engine Works ( Morden) LTD. Morden, Manitoba Canada. It was used to crush  grain to make chop to feed to cattle, pigs and chickens. These units would be sold through other farm supply dealerships . 

Ruston Stationary Engine

Donated by: Ernest Wood

The Ruston engines were manufactured by Ruston Lincoln England, It was a two-cycle Diesel engine and was connected to a electrical generator to form a portable power unit.

Lister Diesel Engine  3 hp.

On Loan by:Brian Trueblood

This stationary engine was eguipped with a cooling radiator and was rated at three HP. at 500 RPM. English Pat. #322097, serial # 24374 

1928 Hart-Parr model 18-36 H

Donated by: Bernard Wiese

This tractor had a 2-cylinder cross-mounted engine with a 6.75 inch bore and a 501 CI. It had a 3-speed transmission. These tractors were produced from 1926-1930. They  were primarily used for belt work and plowing. The Hart-Parr Co. was the first to coin the term “tractor” shortening the phrase ‘steam traction engine’. This tractor was purchased in Edmonton and later underwent a ground-up restoration, and no expense was spared to return it to original condition.

John Deere Stationary  Engine Model LUS

 On Loan by:  Joe  Schafer’s Estate

This 2-cylinder power unit was capable of 12.5 – 16.5 HP at an RPM of 1850. This unit is furnished with a direct drive only, which is an extension of the clutch shaft and operates at the same speed as the engine crank shaft. The famous Rockwood pulley is standard.  All parts on a LUS engine are interchangeable with a Model LA or L tractor. Making it possible to drop a stationary engine into one of these tractors in a pinch.

1946 Oliver Model 60

 On Loan by: Albert Miller

The Oliver 60 was the smallest tractor of the Fleetline series, and the companies foray into small tractors.  they were produced from 1940- 1948 with three variants: standard, row crop, and Industrial. It had 13.6 HP on the drawbar and 16 HP on the belt. It had a 120.6 CI,L head Oliver-Waukesha inline 4-cylinder gasoline engine.

1953 Oliver OC-3 Crawler

 On Loan by: Harvey Penno

The OC-3’s came standard with a 132.7 ci  Hercules IXB-3 model engine.  This gave this tractor 22 HP off the drawbar, and the ability to pull around 80% of it’s weight while burning 1.5 gallons of gasoline per hour. A PTO shaft and a belt pulley were optional, as were electric lights.  The OC-3 replaced the Cletrac after the Cleveland Tractor Co. was bought out by Oliver in 1943.  The OC-3 featured a full-pressure lubricating system designed  to work at side grades up to 35% and fore and aft grades up to 45 %.  This tractor was purched from a farmer in the Lac La Nonne  area, and restored by Harvey Penno. 

Allis-Chalmers Model B

Donated by: Albert Miller

This later model updated to having foot operated wheel brakes and electric start.  It has a mounted mower. It was a popular tractor row crop farming and as a second tractor for haying and farm chores. The model A by the time production ended it was upgraded to 19 HP on the drawbar and 22..25 on the belt. They were built from 1933-1957 and produced 127,186.

1947 Field Marshall

 On Loan by: Elmer Guelly

Britain’s first successful diesel engine was used to power the Field Marshall series of tractors. It has an eight inch bore with a 10.5-inch stroke, and produced a 29.1 hp on the drawbar at 550 rpm. Although it was a true diesel engine, it was based off the Lanz semi-diesel and was a single cylinder engine. The Field Marshall was originally started with a blow torch. but was later improved with cartridge starting. Production continued until 1957 and included thr VF crawled version.          

1928 Hart-Parr 18-36 Model H

Donated by: Bernard Wiese

This tractor had a 6.75 inch bore and 501 ci with just a 2-cylinder cross-mounted gasoline engine. these tractors were mainly used for plowing and belt work. they were produced from 1926-1930, it had a 3-speed transmission. Hart-Parr was a company dedicated to its customers. When fuel prices skyrocketed in the mid-1920’s the company retrofitted their tractors with kerosene, a much cheaper fuel. The Hart-Parr Co. was the first to coin the term “tractor” as a shortening of phrase  “steam traction engine”. Bernard Wiese underwent a ground-up restoration, and no expense was spared to return it to original condition.

1938 MASSEY-HARRIS MODEL 25

Donated by or On Loan by: Keith Montgomery

Wallis was acquired by Massey-Harris  in  a subsidiary of J.I. Case Plow Works in 1928 in order for Massey-Harris to complete a full line of agricultural machinery. The name J.I. Case Plow Work’s was resold to Case Threshing Machine Company.

The Wallis 20-30 was up graded to the Massey-Harris 25. The frame was built out of a single curved boiler plate, with the crankcase, transmission case, and frame in one piece the tractor was lighter and stronger, this put the tractor ahead of others at the time.

1941 Massey-Harris 201

Donated by or On Loan by: Albert Miller 

The 201 was a standard tread machine when it was built between 1940 and 1942. It had a 242-ci 6-cylinder Chrysler engine and was rated as a four- plow tractor.

It sold for $1,750 in 1942, but only 500 were Made due to restrictions in place during the II world war.

 

 

 1939 Massey-Harris Model 101

Donated by or On Loan by: Stan, Arlene, & Gregg Adair

The Massey-Harris 101 Super was originally simply as 101 in 1938. It was the first tractor released by M-H to be developed in-house and it was the first tractor to have electric start as a standard feature. It had a 201 6 cylinder Chrysler engine pared with a four speed transmission. It came with a Twin Power, which allowed an engine speed of 1,500 rpm in the first 3 gears and  1,800 rpm in 4th gear and on the belt. This gave it 24 hp off the drawbar and  36 hp on the belt. In 1939 it was renamed the 101 Super and  the Chrysler engine was increased to 217 ci. and they introduced  the 4-cylinder 101 Junior.                                                                                                                              

1947 Massey-Harris Model pony

 On Loan by: Gilbert Behiel 

The Pony was the smallest tractor Massey-Harris produced. It had a Continental engine that produced 10 hp off the drawbar and 11 hp on the belt. These tractors were built in Woodstock, Ontario between 1947 and 1957.

1949 Massey-Harris Model 30

Donated by: Robert Mathers

Massey-Harris turned 100 in 1947, so the 30 was in the lineup for their 100th anniversary.   The 30 was built from 1946-1953, It was a 2-3 plow tractor with a 5-speed transmission. It was powered with a four cylender 162 ci Continental engine rated at 21 hp. on the drawbar and 30 hp on the belt.   This particular 3o was bought brand new by Alfred and Hazel Mathers at A.W. McGilvery & Sons in Duval Sk. in 1949.  It put in thousands of hours over the years farming a quarter section of land. It was restored by their grandson Robert Mathers

1944 Massey-Harris model 102G Senior

Donated by: Leo Page

The 102G had a 244 ci Continental six-cylender engine, and a four-speed transmission. The Twin Power was featured with a 1500 RPM being the drawbar rated speed and 1800 RPM reserved for belt work and 4th gear.  This tractor was purched at a farm auction sale by Lawrence Morton of Delia, AB in 1959. and was used on his farm until 1972. Leo restored it in 1996 and donated it to the museum.

1957 Massey-Harris Model 444

 On Loan by: Gilbert Behiel

The Model 444 had a two-range transmission, which gave it ten speeds forward and two speeds in reverse.  powered by a 227 ci Continental engine. Was produced from 1956-1958. About 7,000 were built. The 444 was almost never developed, as Ferguson thought it was a waste of material. But as grain farmers didn’t have mounted equipment them they liked them over the new models with 3-point hitch.  This tractor was bought by the Behiel family of Fort Saskatchewan. Being a one owner tractor, it is owned and restored by Gilbert. 

1947-1948 Long Model A

 On Loan by: Walter & Emily Saide

This tractor was the only tractor designed and built by the Long company. It was produced from 1947-1948. Most of the parts were sourced components from wartime production, Long only needed to fabricate a front     end and controls. It was powered by a 4-cylinder Continental engine giving it 28 HP on the drawbar . It had a 4-seed transmission.  Only 500 of these tractors were produced.

1938 Massey-Harris Model 25

 On Loan by: Nick Jonk

The Massey-Harris Company Purchased the Wallis tractor Company in 1932, allowing Massey-Harris to have a full line of agricultural equipment later that year, the Wallis 20-30 was upgraded and renamed the Massey-Harris model 25.  The colour was also changed from Wallis gray to dark green. the red styled version of the 25 were produced between 1938 and 1946 with a streamlined body. It had a three-speed transmission and a service brake, it did not have individual brakes to help with steering assistance. A total of 1,000 were sold.

1948 REO Speed Wagon

Donated by: Ron Carey

REO are the initials of the Randson Eli Olds, a pioneer of the American  Automotive Industry. It had a Gold Series in line six cylinder 245 CI engine which was well regarded for their power, durability, and quality.  Through the WWII, the production was supended for civilian markets and resumed in 1946. After the war trucks found their way onto the farms as well as in construction.

 

 

Cuckshutt 125 Lawn Tractor

 On Loan by: Garry Wood 

In 1970 Jacobsen marketed a lawn tractor to White Farm Equipment Co. to fill the growing market of subdivision families. These tractors were sold under both White Farm Equipment Co. and Minneapolis-Moline name. Due to poor build quality and low sales changes were made in 1972 to this “Town & Country” line.  Four new models were created: 75, 100, 125,and the 145.  All in the Meadow Green colouring of the classic White equipment. These tractors were rebranded and marketed in red as in Cockshutt, blue as Ford, and yellow as in Minneapolis- Moline.  The 125 featured here was powered by a 12 HP Koholer engine and outfitted with the optional hydrostatic transmission. this tractor is equipment with a rear tiller.  Garry restored this over the winter of 2015 with his son Ken.

Allis-Chalmers Model B

Donated by:Bill Seatter 

The Allis-Chalmers B was built to replace a team of horses. It produced 12.97 drawbar HP and 15.68 on the belt. the tread could be adjusted from  40 inches to 52 inches. It was priced at $ 495.00 and it was the smallest and lightest tractor. the early ones produced had hand operated wheel brakes and crank starting.              . They were produced from 1937- 1957 and 125,ooo were produced. 

1930 Fordson Model F

On Loan by: Marie and Stan Schmode

The Model F was introduced in 1917, the design never changed much. In 1929 “orchard fenders” were installed to prevent the tractor from rearing up as it was prone to doing causing fatality. It had a  draw-bar 15.5 hp. rating.

1948 Massey-Harris Pony 
With Mounted Cultivator

On Loan by: Gilbert Behiel

The Pony was the smallest tractor made by Massey-Harris. Equipped with a 65-ci. 4 cynlinder Continental engine.

Home Built Tractor

On Loan by: Brian Trueblood

Fuel was rationed during World War II  but farmers could get fuel for tractors.
This tractor using a rear wheel reduction conversion kit was made using a Star car manufactured by Durant Motors. It was put together by Walter Cooper, of the Vega area, Walter shaped the frame fabricated the hood and fenders, and adapted the cars controls.
The work was completed with hand tool with out any formal training.

Allis-Chalmers model WD-45

Donated by: Henry Young

This tractor had a 4 speed transmission and a live power takeoff. The hitch was removed when using mounted equipment.
The tractor was restored by Albert Miller.

1962 Massey Ferguson Model 97

Donated by: Stan, Arlene & Gregg Adair

These tractors were bought from Minneapolis-Moline and rebadged.
The first Model 95 was the M-M GB,when the M-M G705 & G706 came out it became the 97, Rated at 79 hp. at 1,500 rpm. It hade a5 speed transmission and weighing close to 12,000 lbs.

1952 Cockshutt Model 40

On Loan by: Garry Wood

The Model 40 was introduced in 1949 and produced until 1957.
It had a 6 speed transmission giving it speeds from 2.6- 19.2 km/h.   It had live power takeoff and a live hydraulic system available.

1952 Minneapolis-Moline Model Z

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The vision line tractors were very desirable for row-crop farmers who wanted a 3-4 plow tractor. A Uni-Matic system was available to control the implements.
The company was purchased by White Motor Co. in 1963. 

1956 Case Model 400 Diesel

Donated by: Stan & Arlene Adair

The Case 400 was introduced in 1955 and stayed in production until 1958.
It was equipped with a four-cylinder diesel engine and featured a eight speed transmission.
The color changed from the solid bright orange to pairing  a desert sunset yellow.

1962 Cockshutt Model 550

On Loan by: Garry Wood

500 series tractors were produced from 1958- 1962, they replaced the 20,30,40,50 models.
The 550 was powered by a 198 ci. Hercules engine. It had a 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds.
In 1962 White Motor Co. acquired the Cockshutt Co.

1940 John Deere Model H

On Loan by: Garry Wood

The Model H was the smallest row crop tractor in the John Deere line at that time.   It was the first styled row crop in the John Deere line.
It was produced from 1939-1947 and priced at $650 and sold 60,000 over 8 years.
This tractor had a 3 speed transmission and was rated at 9.8 draw-bar hp. It met the needs of the small acreage farmer.

1924 Waterloo Boy Model N

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The Waterloo Boy Model N was produced from 1917- 1924. It was tested for horse power and produced 16 hp on the draw-bar and 26 hp. on the belt.
In 1921 a downturn in the economy reduced the the price from $1200 to $890, this forced John Deere to produce a smaller lighter tractor, resulting in the famous Model D.

1948 Farmall Model Cub

On Loan by: D. Wilton & Phillip Wilton

This was the smallest tractor built by Farmall. It had 8.9 draw-bar hp.and a 3 speed transmission, with speeds of 2.16,3.15,6.49 mph.
The cub was produced from 1947-1979 and sold 252,997 tractors.

1938 Allis-Chalmers Model B

On Loan by: Del LeFebvre

These tractors were produced from 1937-1957 with over 125,000 units sold. Many farms still relied on horses for power, many small tractors were made at this time but the model B price of $495.00 was more affordable. It was rated at 10.3 hp on the draw bar. Research proved that it cost less to both buy and operate than a horse.

1946 Case Model DC-4

Donated by: Stan, Arlene and Gregg Adair. 

The Case D series had a long successful run through 1939-1953. It was powered by a 4 cylinder engine with a 3.5 inch bore and a 5.5 inch stroke.  A total only about 1,225 were produced.

A. Stanley Jones Threshing Machine

Donated by: Max Wiese

A .Stanley Jones was credited with having  the invented the concept of combining a gasoline engine with a small separator on a wagon truck, to create a threshing outfit that was cheap and portable.   It could thrash 60-70 Bushels of wheat per hour.

1919 Case SteamTraction Engine

On Loan by: Audrey Wiese

The Case 80 hp steam engine was built at Racine, Wisconsin, U.S.A. This engine was brought to Alberta in 1919. It stayed with a farm family in Carstairs for 7 years before being moved to Chase B.C. to run a sawmill. Bernard Wiese bought it from Don Paulson. Bernard started restoring it in 2008. It took four and a half years, the fully-restored and running engine was run at the June Tractor Show in Westlock in 2013. 

1949 Caterpillar Model D 2

Donated by: Bernard Wiese

The Caterpillar D 2 has a four-cylinder engine with a two-cylinder opposed starting motor with a rope start. It produced 32 hp on the draw bar. This tractor was purchased by Mr. Wiese from Union Tractor Co. of Edmonton Alberta in 1949.

1952 Cletrac Model BDH

Donated by: Stan, Arlene and Gregg Adair.

This tractor was rated at 38 hp. on the draw bar, it had a four speed transmission. It was powered by a 4.9 L Hercules diesel engine. The Cletrac tractors were manufactured by the Cleveland Motor Plow Co. (sons of the founders of the White motor Co.) until 1944 when Oliver Tractor co. acquired the Cletrac division. In 1960 the Oliver Co. was bought by the White Motor Co.

1948 Fordson Major Model E27N

On Loan by: Brent Sterling

After World War ll, the British Ford company up graded the Fordson, The new designed Fordson was the E27N E for England 27 for hp. and N for Ford. The engine was a four cylinder 276- ci engine. They were produced from 1945-1952. A Perkins diesel engine was available from 1950.

1940 Ford Model 9N

On Loan by: Rita Gagne 

In 1948 Ford signed a deal with Ferguson to began production of a tractor with the Ferguson draft control three-point hitch. It allowed the mounted implement to apply downforce to the rear wheels, improving traction.  After only 6 months of development, Ford released the 9N in 1939, the 9 designating the year of release and the N as an experimental version.  It had a 4-cylinder engine producing 12.7 drawbar hp. a 3 speed trans mission.  It was priced at $585.00. 

1948 Ford 8N

On Loan by: Stephanie Sterling and Bob Jennings

1948 was the first year of productions for the 8N. It had several improvements, it had a 4 speed transmission, both brake pedals were on the right side with the option to be linked together for combined use. This tractor was purchased new in 1948 by Bill miller and it still  remained in  the miller family.

1950 Rockol Model 96

On Loan by: Elmer Guelly

At the end of World War II, most large tractor companies were not yet back in full production. As a result many smaller companies started to build tractors to fill the demand. The Rockol was one of these, It was produced by the Henry A. Lowther Co. in Joliet, Illinois. It used army surplus Chrysler stock. This tractor has a 230 ci Chrysler engine producing 51 hp, it had a fluid drive clutch and a 5 speed transmission with speeds up to 64 mph. The front axel was fabricated from a single piece of steel. All the Chrysler parts used were from a 2-ton truck.

McCormick-Deering Model W-30

On Loan by: Albert Miller

This tractor was more powerful than the 10-20 it replaced, being a full three-plow tractor. It was produced from 1931-1939 and had an updated transmission to a four speed.

1953 IHC Farmall Model C

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The Farmall C was introduced in 1948, to replace the B it was designed to cultivate two rows at a time and was larger and heavier than the B and had larger wheels and a straight rear axle, which could be adjusted for with as was the front axle. It had 15 hp on  the  draw-bar.  Earlier versions came with a C-113 engine, later with a C-123 engine.

McCormick Model W4

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The W4 was a standard tread tractor, with a 5 speed transmission, top speed was 14 mph. The W4 was produced from 1940-1953, 24,377 rolled off the production lines. Then the Super W4 was introduced.

1952 IH Farmall Model M

On Loan by: Elmer Guelly

The Farmall M was the largest tractor in the lettered series. It was rated as a three-bottom plow tractor. It had a 5 speed transmission, with a road gear of 16 mph. Electric lights and starter were available.

IH Farmall Model H

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The Model H was rated as a two-plow tractor, It had a 152 ci engine. The H was made virtually without change from 1939-1953. This particular tractor has a change over front axle to replace the narrow front wheels. Optional electrical lights and starter was available.

1943 IH Farmall Model H

Donated by: Cliff MacCabe

The Farmall H replaced the model  F20, It was a two-bottom plow tractor. This tractor came equipped  with steel wheels, during WWII rubber tires were not available,  it had a five speed transmission.

1910 Bessemer Stationary Engine

Donated by: Max Wiese

This 40 HP Natural gas or propane engine was built in Grove City, Pennsylvania by the Bessemer Gas Engine Co.    It was capable of 180 rpm.         Featuring a cooling tank and an air start pared with a Bessemer’s dependable two- cycle design. Engine throttle was controlled by a vertical governor head linked to a gas valve.  This engine was used in a shoe factory in Medicine Hat Alberta.

1916 Fairbanks-Morse Model Z

Donated by: Max Wiese 

In September 1914 the Model Z series with a “headless” 1,3,and 5 hp single cylinder engine, with valves and igniters on the governor side of the engine side of the body. Headless engines refer to casting the cylinder, head, and crankcase as a single unit. I 1916 they released  larger engines up to 20 hp under the Z series. 

1926 Case Model 18-32

Donated by: Ernest and Ann Wood

This tractor featured a 382 ci. 4 cylinder kerosene engine with a 4 inch bore and a5 inch stroke. The 18-32 replaced the 15-27 in 1924. The 18 designated the draw-bar hp and the 32 the belt hp.

1929 Case Model L

On Loan by: Ray Kine

The Model L replaced the cross motor series. It came standard with a distillate 403 ci. four cylinder engine, engine speed at 1,100 rpm. produced 32 hp on the drawbar and 45 hp on the belt. 

1939 Case Model R

On Loan by: The Harvey Fott Family

In 1939 Case started to roll out stylized versions of their tractors this R was given a new rounded sunburst grill. This tractor had four cylinder Waukesha  gasoline 132.7 ci. engine giving it 14 hp on the drawbar and 18 hp on the belt.

1944 Case Model D

Donated by: Ernest Wood Sr.

The Model D replaced the model C in 1939. It was a general  purpose tractor, fitting the a role on almost every farm. It came with a gasoline engine, but a hot manifold was available to allow the use of distillate fuels.  It featured individual brakes.

1947 Case Model S

Donated by: Albert Miller

Introduced in 1940 as the all new tractor to replace the previous R and RC. It was a general purpose, two plow tractor equipped with a four seed transmission. It used a 3.5 by 4 inch bore and stroke engine and had a Case rolled chain drive. In the final year a switch to a foot clutch from the hand clutch, hydraulics was provided.

1946 Case Model VAC

On Loan by: Harvey Fott

Production of the VAC started November 8th just before Pearl Harbor. But civilian production was shut down in july 1942. Production resumed slowly in 1944. The 124 ci. four cylinder Case engine gave it 13 hp on the drawbar and 17 hp on the PTO. Production was discontinued in 1955.

1956 Cockshhutt Model 40 Deluxe

On Loan by: Garry Wood

The 40 deluxe was made in Brantford, Ontario, Canada and was sold from 1956-1957. It was powered by a 6-cylinder Buda engine, it had 37.85 drawbar hp. and 43.3 belt hp. It came with power steering,and a 6-speed transmission, and a choice of 3 front ends.

1956 Cockshutt Model 35L

On Loan by: Garry Wood

The 35L stands for low profile and these tractors were usually used as utility tractors (forklifts, back hoes, mowers) due to the upgraded straight Front axle. the new 35 featured a four cylinder Hercules 198 ci. engine. Only approx. 400 of this Model were built.

1952 John Deere Model R

On Loan by: Keith and Gail Sterling

The R was produced from 1949- 1954. (some said” it was the biggest mistake John Deere ever made, because you couldn’t wear them out”). This was John Deere’s first two- cylinder diesel engine, it had 45 hp on the drawbar and 51 hp on PTO, it had a 5 speed transmission, live power take off and hydraulics. It had a Starting engine: 2-cylinder horizontally opposed engine: 24.6 ci. 6 volt starting pony engine. It was also on of the last letter series.

1955 John Deere Modle 80

On Loan by: Brent and Evelyn Sterling

The Model 80 replaced the R in 1985.  It was powered by the biggest John Deere  twin each cylinder measuring a 6.125 inches across and a 8 inch bore.  It was started using a 60 ci. V-4 gas electric start engine. John Deere only manufactured for one year.

1946 Minneapolis- Moline Model ZTS

Donated by: Albert Miller

The ZT series was introduced in 1936 as a general purpose two-plow tractor. The ZTS was produced from 1937-1947.  production ran right through wwII .  It used a 185.8 ci. four cylinder gasoline engine manufactured by Mimmeapolis-Moline. It had a 3.62 inch bore and a 4.5 inch stroke. Drawbar 19.8 hp ,Pto 25.2 hp. The transmission was five speed.

Twin City Model 27-44

On Loan by: Audrey Wiese

The Twin City tractors was inherited By Minneapolis-Moline  in a three-part merger that formed the company in 1929. The Twin-City tractors had been built by the Minneapolis Steel & Machinery company. The tractor had 44 hp. It had  a four cylinder engine and run at 900 rpm. had a 51/4 inch bore and a 63/4 stroke.

1939 Minneapolis-Moline Model RTS

On Loan by: Elmer Guelly

The Model R was released in 1939,  It had a 165 ci four gasoline engine pared wit a 4-speed transmission. This gave it 20 hp on the drawbar and 23 hp on the belt. belt pully and PTO were extra. The unique steel cab was extra.

Massey-Harris Team of Ponies

On Loan by: Elmer Guelly

After WWII Massey-Harris started producing the Pony 11. It was originally manufactured with a four- cylinder Continental engine with 62-ci. displacement which gave the tractor 10 hp off the drawbar and 11 hp on the belt. The Pony 11 was replaced by the Pony 14 in 1950 and again replaced by the pacer in 1954 before being discontinued in 1956.  Elmer connected these two ponies together so they could be operated by one driver on the left hand tractor. They were designed to be quickly separated so ether tractor can be used independently.

International Harvester Model TD-6 Crawer

Donated by: Gregg & Stan Adair

The TD-6 replaced the T-20 in 1940 and stayed in production until 1956. The TD-6 used a D-248 gas-start diesel engine paired with a 5-speed close ratio transmission, conventional clutch and brake steering. Tested in Nebraska the TD-6 gave 28 hp off the drawbar and 35 hp off the belt pulley. Top speed of 8.7 km/r.

1953 Cockshutt Model 50

On Loan by: Ken Wood & Garry Wood

The Cockshutt 50 was Built in Canada. It was rated as a four-plow tractor with a 273 ci displacement Buda engine. A live PTO, six-speed transmission, live hydraulics were available. They were available in gasoline or diesel models. Produced from 1952-1957. Drawbar: 52 hp. PTO(tested)52.18 hp. 

1949 Co-op Model E-3

On Loan by: Garry Wood

Canadian  Cooperative Implements LTD sold Cockshutt tractors. These tractors were painted orange as was their implements, the Co-Op logo  replaced the Cockshutt name, and the Model 30 was replaced with the model E-3.  In 1949 this tractor was available in gasoline or diesel engine, with live power take off. Years produced: 1946-1955.  

Co-Op E-4

On Loan by: Garry Wood

Canadian Cooperative LTD Sold Cockshutt tractors,painted them orange and put their logo on them, changing the Model # from 40 to E-4. This tractor had a 6-speed transmission speeds ranging from 1.6 – 12 mph.(2.6-19.2 km/h). It had live power takeoff and live hydraulics. Produced from 1949-1957. PTO: 43.3 hp, Drawbar: 37.85 hp.

Co-Op Model E5

On Loan by: Garry Wood

The Canadian Co-Operative Implements LTD sold Cockshutt tractors they painted them orange and put their logo on them, and changed the model # from 50 to E-5. These tractors were produced from 1953-1957.  PTO: 52.18 hp, Drawbar: 51.59 hp. It were powered by a 4.3 liter gasoline engine from Buda.

1956 Cockshutt Model 35

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The Cockshutt 35 used a 198 ci. four cylinder Hercules engine. It was not available as a diesel. Only 1850 35’s were built in 1956 and 1957.  This tractor was not tested at Nebraska, but was given a nominal 42.7 hp at 1,678 rpm.

1938 John Deere Model L

On Loan by: Albert Miller

This tractor has a vertical two cylinder John Deere Hercules engine. It was rated at 7 hp off the drawbar and 9 hp off the belt. It could pull a 12 inch plow. It was the first lightweight tractor that John Deere built. The model L had a foot clutch rather than the common hand clutch.

1936 John Deere Model BO

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The model BO was the orchard styled version of the BR. The BO styling gave the tractor a lower profile with deflectors on the hood for things above the hood. The steering wheel and the clutch  were lowered.  They were produced from 1935-1947.

1937 John Deere Model A

On Loan by:Albert Miller

John Deere started to produce the model A in 1934. It featured an adjustable rear axle, center-line hitch and a PTO. It had a four speed transmission. The model A was the first tractor to have adjustable wheel treads.

1942 John Deere Model B

On Loan by: Garry Wood 

The Model B was produced from 1935-1952. It went through 3 different styles: On styled 1935-1938, early styled 1939-1946,and late styled 1947-1952.  It had 12 hp on the draw-bar and 16 hp on the belt.

John Deere Model M

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The Model M was introduced in 1947. It replaced the models H, L. & LA.   It was equipped with a 1.6 2-cylinder gasoline engine and gave 18.5 HP off the drawbar and 20.45 HP off the belt. It was the first to use John Deere’s new Touch-o-Matic hydraulic.

1958 John Deere Model 430

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The 430 had a live PTO, a 3-point hitch and dual Touch-o-matic hydraulics.  tractors with        the 2- cylender engines. It had 27 HP off the drawbar and 29 HP off the PTO. The 30 series was the last tractors with the 2- cylinder engines.

1948 John Deere Model AR

On Loan by: Stephanie Sterling & Bob Jennings

The 1948 Model AR was the last year of the un-styled AR, as in 1949 John Deere released the new improved AR. the styled tractors were a transition from completely functional to attractive paint jobs and streamlined design.

1954 Case Model 500 Diesel

On Loan by: Ben Fithen

The Case 500 was produced from 1953-1956. It marked the first diesel engine and the first 6-cylinder engine that Case produced. It had a 4-gear transmission, but still used a hand clutch.

1957 Case Model  600D

On Loan by: Ben Fithen

This tractor was only produced through 1957, featuring the new Desert Sunset,Flambeau red styling as well as a plastic badge with Old Abe on it in place of  the Case script. The 600D  engine was the same as the 500D (377 ci. inline-six) though it was tuned to increase rpm and hp. It had a  6 gear transmission an improvement over the 500’s 4 gear transmission. 

1959 John Deere Model 830

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The 1959 830 was the last two-cylinder tractor John Deere produced.  A V-4 Pony starting motor, and a electric start were both options available. It was available in both diesel and gasolinefuel. John Deere had advanced the art and science of hydraulic draft controls, operator comfort, and ease of operation, further than any other manufacturer.  A weatherproof steel cab, with good visibility was available. 

1959 John Deere Model 730

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The John Deere 730 featured the deluxe flat-top fenders with head lights, power steering, 6-speed transmission. It was produced from 1959-1961. Selling at an original price of $3,700 USA.

1960 John Deere Model 630

On Loan by: Albert Miller

1960 John Deere 630 was produced from 1958-1960. It was available in standard, Orchard, row- crop and high-crop models, it had an optional fifth-transmission gear of 81/2 MPH.

1959 John Deere Model 730

On Loan by: Roy Sterling

This tractor was supposed to be converted to diesel back when it was made. However, this one did not  make it back to the dealer, and as a result, it still uses gasoline. It had a six-speed transmission. The 30 series replaced the 20 series. only about 200 gas row-crop models were manufactured.

1951 John Deere Model G

On Loan by: Albert Miller 

The model G was the largest row-crop tractor at the time. It was launched in 1937, being the first over-30 HP general purpose machine.  The G was styled in 1942 when the original 4-speed gearbox was replaced with a 6-speed and rubber tires were standard. Production ended in 1947. 

1951 John Deers Model AR

On Loan by: Garry Wood

The Model AR was produced from 1935-1953, It saw many changes during this time. Increase in power, belly frame changed from cast iron to pressed steel, was styled and a  high-pressure hydraulic system was add.  20.35 drawbar HP and 26.30 belt HP.

1948 John Deere Model B

On Loan by: Garry Wood

When the B was modernized, it included, electric start and lights, Rol-o-matic front wheels, hydraulic controls, and a cushon seat. The B was produced from 1935-1952.

1944 John Deere BR

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The BR was produced from 1935-1947. When it was replaced with the M. The BR was rated as a two plow tractor. Only steel wheels were available during WWII.

1954 John Deere  Model 40 Crawler

On Loan by: Albert Miller

The John Deere 40 C used the same undercarriage as the MC  The latter production of this model had four and five roller tracks. Snow shoe pads were also available for winter use.  They were produced from 1953-1955. total built: 11688,  Weight: 4000 lbs.

1950 John Deere  Model MC Crawler

Donated by: Bernard Wiese

This was the first crawler That John Deere built.  They were manufactured in Dubuque factory.  The tractor has a 12-inch tracks standard: 10 or 12-inch option. The tread has a width of 36-42 inches.  these tractors were liked for its hillside stability, and its traction would allow it to work in muddy areas, in snow, and in swamps. It was rated at 13.7 drawbar hp and 18.89 belt hp.

1946 John Deere  Model D

Donated by: Albert Miller

The model D saw many improvements over its 30 year reign, from 1923- 1953. went from a 2 speed transmission to a 3 speed, and it was styled, electric starter and lights.  It was rated at 38 drawbar hp and 42.1 belt hp. there were about 160,000 built.

1932 John Deere Model D

On Loan by: Albert Miller 

1932 John Deere Model D.  In 1932 the model D had a solid cast fly wheel, which was splined to the crankshaft, in 1927 the bore was increased to 6.75 inches. the engine speed was increased to 900 rpm. The 2-speed transmission was retained giving it 3.o and 5.3 mph forward speeds(4.8 -8.5 km/h).

1925 John Deere Model D

Donated by: Albert Miller

The first model D was produced in 1924, it was a two-cylinder engine tractor, it was rugged compact,and simple. parts were readily available, and easy to work on.  It came with a two-speed transmission.  This 1925 model D had some improvements, the cast flywheel was reduced in diameter from 26 inches to 24 inches  because when turning left the front wheel would some times hit the flywheel and cause damage. Horse power: 15 hp drawbar, 27 hp belt. Bore: 6 1/2 inches, stroke 7 inches.

1952 Allis-Chalmer Model G

On Loan  by: Brenda Wichert

The Model G was the smallest tractor the company produced an d the only tractor with a rear engine, this put the weight over the back wheels for greater traction and a clear view of work below. the engine is a 4-cylender Continental 10 hp air cooled. they were produced from 1984-1955.

1940 Farmall Model A

On Loan by: Albert Miller

Introduced in 1939, the farmall A was the first of the lettered series. The Farmall A was irregular due to its “Culti-Vision” design, with the engine offset to the left and the seat offset to the right. This allowed the operator to see the rows that were being cultivated.the PTO and the belt pulley were at the back.

1946 John Deere Model LA

Donated by: Albert Miller

The LA was a slightly larger version than the Model L, it was added in 1941. It had 13 HP off the drawbar and 14 HP off the belt. It was discontinued in 1946.   This tractor was given to the R.F.Staples shop class unrestored condition. the students worked on the restoration from grade 10 and completed it by grade 12 (2014)  the students were Chad Benson, Colin Decker, Austin Houle, Jesse Jadischke and Antonius Rouvalous.

1928 White 1 1/2 ton Truck

On Loan by: Audrey Wiese

This truck was restored by Bernard Wiese, Restoration started in 1999 and was completed in May 2000. These trucks were purchased new as running gear only, the cab, if any, and the box, or deck, were built to suit the owner.  Evert effort was made to restore it to factory condition. Even the original design tires were special ordered from the factory.

1918 International Model F

Donated by: Ron Carey

This weather beaten old wreck was purchased in Glasgow, Montana in 1991. A lot of painstaking work was put into this truck to make it what you see today. It required new wheels, tires (solid rubber),fenders,box and a cab. It   has acetylene fulled head lights, the light have burners that needed to be lite.  It has a four-cylinder engine rated at 19.6 hp. Cost when new was $ 1,850.00.

Mogul Stationary Engine

Donated by: Max Wiese

Between 1911-1917, the International Harvested Company built the Mogul engine for distribution by McCormick implements dealers. this engine type was commonly called a side shaft engine, The hopper-cooled models were built in 4,6,8 and 10 hp sizes while the tank-cooled models were available in sizes 4-10. hp sizes

1920 MacLeod’s Stationary Engine

Donated by: Ernest & Ann Wood 

This engine features a Wico EK ignition (513032), although they were available with  a Remo high tension magneto or a Webster ignition. It was capable of 430 rpm.

Massey Harris  Grain Grinder Model # 1

Donated by: Ernest & Ann Wood

This grain grinder had 8 inch grinding plates and it had a shaker to remove any rocks, wood or straw from the grain before the grain went into the grinder. It was used to make chop for animal feed. It was powered by belt from a stationary engine.

1920 Stover Stationary Engine

Donated by: Ernest & Ann Wood

This 3 hp engine was first introduced in 1910 when Stover’s basic patent covered most of their engines. The unit could be Purchased as a kerosene powered model with a volume governing, and with ether a Webster or a Dixie magneto.         

Blackstone Hot Bulb Ignition Engine

Donated by: Max Wiese

This engine was built in Grove City, Pennsylvania by Bessemer Gas Engine. This 5 hp engine shares the basic layout of an internal combustion engine. Steps to Start: 1. Start to heating torch to heat the bulb. 2. Fill the lubricators. 3. Set the throttle. 4. Pump up the oil. 5. Place the exhaust rollers on half compression. 6. Adjust the screw valve.

Recco Ericcson Hot Air Pump Engine

On Loan by: Daniel Wiese

Circa 1890, 8 inch hot air pump engine,capable of pumping 500 gal per hour of water.  Wood or coal  could be burned to produce heat to power the engine.

1916 Lister Stationary  Engine

On Loan by: Daniel Wiese

In 1867, the R.A. Lister & company was organized in England, and they started to build their own engines around 1908, exporting many to Canada. this vertical model featured a ball top water water hopper, a magneto, an enclosed crank and gearing case, and automatic lubrication. This 3 hp engine was made in England and was capable of 600 rpm.

Mussens Stationary  Steam Engine

On Loan by: Daniel Wiese 

This engine was built around 1900 by Mussens Manufacturing in Toronto, Canada. It is a 4-hp engine with a 5-inch bore and a 4-inch stroke

Close Menu
Visitor Count
88
Visitors Today
43356
Total Visitors